This policy applies to Cordell Jigsaw Productions Pty Ltd and its related entities (CJZ).
This policy explains the types of personal information that CJZ collects from time to time as part of its business, who information may be collected from, the purposes for which CJZ collects, uses and discloses such information, and processes that CJZ has in place to enable individuals to access or update their personal information held by CJZ, or to lodge a complaint.
Who we collect information from
- CJZ (or its agents) may collect personal information from a wide range of individuals in the course of its business. These might include:
- persons applying for employment with CJZ or in connection with a CJZ production;
- contractors with whom CJZ deals;
- actors, directors, writers, producers, technicians, contestants, audience members or other persons who participate (or who apply to participate) in CJZ programmes (such as feature films, drama programmes, light entertainment programmes, reality programmes, documentary and variety programmes), productions or events;
- representatives of TV networks; radio stations, subscription TV services or internet/webcasting services; and
- individuals who are asked by CJZ to provide literary or other similar material for consideration by CJZ.
Please note that CJZ does not accept unsolicited proposals.
Types of information we collect
The types of information we collect are highly context dependent, and may include sensitive information such as information relating to a person’s health or marital status.
CJZ only collects information, which it is permitted to collect pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, and only where the purpose and mode of collection is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Depending on the particular purpose for which personal information is collected, the types of information we collect may include names, addresses, dates of birth, email addresses, phone numbers, age, place of birth, ethnicity, marital status, physical characteristics, medical history, sexuality, political affiliation, criminal record, personal history, details of spouse, family members or dependents, financial history, employment history.
Purposes for which we collect personal information
CJZ only collects personal information where it is reasonably necessary for one or more of its functions or activities.
Without limitation, the purposes for which CJZ may collect personal information include:
- in connection with or in furtherance of the development, planning, production, recording, distribution, marketing, promotion, publication or syndication of CJZ programmes, productions or events;
- in connection with the assessment of the suitability of persons applying to participate in programs and their possible contribution to the development of the programmes and, if embodied in the programme, then for its use in the production and exploitation of the programmes,
- in connection with the employment of persons by CJZ, or the engagement of contractors by CJZ;
- for the purpose of facilitating CJZ’s commercial dealings with other organisations or individuals;
- for the purpose of direct marketing communications in relation to CJZ programmes, productions or events; and
- where necessary for the purposes of the day-to-day administration of CJZ’s business.
Modes of collection and storage of personal information
We may collect personal information in person, in writing, over the phone, by email, via our website, via video or other live recordings.
When we collect personal information, we may store such information in written or electronic records or databases. CJZ is required to comply with obligations under the Privacy Act with regards to the storage and security of personal information which we hold.
Use and disclosure of personal information
CJZ may use or disclose personal information for any of the purposes for which it collects personal information, or for related secondary purposes, and such right to use will endure irrevocably forever.
The persons to whom CJZ may disclose personal information include:
- viewers of CJZ programmes, productions or events;
- persons employed or engaged by CJZ in connection with the development, planning, production, recording, distribution, marketing, promotion, publication or syndication of CJZ programmes, productions or events;
- organisations or individuals with whom CJZ deals for the purpose of promoting, publishing or syndicating CJZ programmes, productions or events;
- TV networks; radio stations, subscription TV services or internet/webcasting services;
- other organisations or individuals with whom CJZ has commercial dealings; and
- CJZ’s affiliate companies.
On occasion, CJZ may disclose personal information to individuals or organisations located overseas, including in countries such as New Zealand, United Kingdom, Canada and countries in continental Europe. CJZ is required to comply with strict obligations in the Privacy Act with regards to the disclosure of personal information overseas.
Access to and correction of personal information
Should you wish to access or correct personal information which CJZ holds about you, please contact Nick Murray, Director, who will respond to and deal with your request. CJZ may charge a fee in certain circumstances in order to facilitate access to your personal information, but does not charge fees to correct personal information.
Should you wish to complain about CJZ’s collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or if you believe that CJZ has breached a provision of the Privacy Act or one of the Privacy Principles contained in the Act, please submit your complaint in writing to Nick Murray, Director, who will consider, investigate and respond to your complaint.